Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: £Competative Salary
Closing Date: 28/06/12
We are exclusively recruiting for a client in Newcastle who are looking to urgently appoint a Payroll Clerk to ensure accurate and timely in-house payroll production in accordance with statutory regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities;
* Arrange the payment of staff salaries through the computerised payroll system.
* Administer the Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), Statutory Maternity Pay and Statutory Paternity Pay schemes
* To process new starters and leavers.
* To assist in the administration of the company pension scheme.
* Record sickness and other absences
* To complete various forms required by HM Customs & Excise.
Skills / Attributes Required;
* Able to demonstrate experience in a payroll / finance related environment.
* Strong Microsoft and Excel skills
* Able to demonstrate aptitude of using figures
* Payroll qualification preferred
* Excellent attention to detail.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of candidates currently responding to our advertisements, we are not always able to provide feedback regarding your application. If you have not heard from us in 5 working days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Please contact me if you have any queries about this position on 0191 221 0402John Barron